Thursday, April 05, 2007

As promised....

Isn't she gorgeous? Well, the camel of course. We went for a walk together along the beach, along the shore of the red sea..in the sunshine...what an experience..it's the getting on and off which is the scary bit, as they go down on their knees, and up again...

The camel ride was followed by an evening with members of the Beduine tribe, starting with tea, a smoke of their bubbly pipe, then a lovely dinner, and lastly, they sat round an open fire, as it got dark, and played music and sang, and we danced....me and a couple of beduines...highlight of my holiday...oh that and the lveoly, gorgeous young man behind reception, who used to smile and wave when he saw me, and come round the desk to shake my hand and ask if I was enjoying my holiday. One time he said, 'I have to say something to you. You have very beautiful eyes.' 'Oh, thank you,' I said, 'What a lovely thing to say.' and I walked taller and smiled for the rest of the day. What a difference a few kind words can make....

1 comment:

Rainbow dreams said...

that's a lovely photo Sally.
It is amazing what a few words can do to how we feel - have a lovely Easter, x