Monday, April 16, 2007

It wasn't all bad...

It meant I got a day with Laa. We started full of optimism in the JL coffee shop...we had a couple of hours trying stuff on (at least I tried stuff on, Laa fetched and carried and looked sympathetic..) then we met up with J's girlfriend, Amy, with her mum, also doing wedding outfit shopping on Oxford St, there's a coincidence, for A's brother's wedding in NY..(keeping up? Good). It seemed a good opportunity for us mums to meet..Laa wondered if we would get on and have enough to talk about over lunch...well we started at 2pm and were still talking over coffee at 4.30pm..shopping forgotten, and carl*ccio's is such a lvoely place....

Still, we had to get on, and carried on shopping, in JL, Debs, House of F, Selfridges..until the doors closed at 8pm...I kid you not....don't ask me why it is so hard to buy a suitable outfit that has to pass 2 main criteria: 1. I like it. 2. It fits. See? I'm not being difficult....

I was brave enough to get up and start again this morning, at a nearby branch of JL, I went alone and suffered two hours of trying on...I have left a few outfits on hold to revisit with Laa...they 'will do' as opposed to being 'the very thing.' Five weeks left..I suppose I could try and lose a little weight...it might help...

1 comment:

Caroline said...

youre right that actually sounds quite stonkingly pleasant my dear!