Sunday, April 22, 2007

A good one...

This weekend was a good weekend...why? Because I had got my wedding outfit, so that was a load off, as they say. I had a good end of the week, I was feeling positive and better about things in general and myself in particular. I had a good book on the go, so spent time night and morning reading, which always absorbs me...

Saturday morning after reading, I got up and pottered, hanging out washing in the warm sunshine, listening to Brian Matthew's Sound of the Sixties - a gem of a programme - eating toast and drinking coffee and generally chilling and enjoying my own space...

I wobbled briefly and got a bit tearful, but then my positive mental attitude stuff kicked in, I am working so hard and changing my thinking, which so affects my emotion. Sort of DIY cognitive/behavioural therapy. Anyway, I went out with a friend, and spent the day shopping, having lunch out, talking and sharing, driving, visiting the French market, looking at caravans, and generally having fun, before heading home for a late afternoon cup of tea. I was determined to stay positive: appreciate what you have, not yearn for what you cannot have. Enjoy the moment, don't want for more....know there will be other moments...keep smiling...

I then enjoyed a late afternoon dog walk with Jill, looking at the trees in bud, the bluebells in full bloom and enjoying the company. Home to eat dinner watching my new favourite Saturday evening TV show: Any dream will do: dangerously camp and seriously addictive..have you picked your Joseph yet???

Retiring to bed with my book and laptop, I caught up with Liz on msn, intending to say hello and goodnight. That turned into a giggle with out webcams, she in PJs and me in my nightie...and Liz showing me new clothes from her latest shopping spree....then when the connection crashed, we spoke on our mobile phones until 1.30 in the morning!! I was treated to the sound of Liz reading my latest blog entry, the leaving presents story, which considering she had already heard it, still made her laugh helplessly for about 5 minutes: I wish I could record it as a soundtrack for people to hear as they read the blog....

This morning I was lazy and stayed in bed until I finished my book, then got up with the rewarding task of preparing for James and Amy to visit: a bit if tidying up, then another dog walk with Jill and a chance to sit in the sun on her terrace with a coffee and time to chat...

As if that wasn't all lovely enough, J and A arrived and we sat out to eat lunch in the garden, enjoying the summer, reminding ourselves that it is still only April...they disappeared off to see friends, just in time for me to visit Howard and do some voice work for him...half an hour and I had earned £25...and given that he is only round the corner from friend Jacky, I invited myself round for a cup of tea. When I told her I had been round to a man's house for 30 minutes and earned £25, she stared hard and asked, Sally, what have you done???? Well, voice over work obviously, anything else and I would have earned much more....

Home again to cook a lovely roast dinner and spend time with J and A: both on good form, and it's good when your 6' 4" son envelopes you in hugs...at 5' 3" I am easily enveloped...

Now I am in bed, thinking about work tomorrow, and feeling ok, positive and happy it has been a good weekend..I hope yours was too, wherever you are, and whatever you were doing. xxx

1 comment:

Caroline said...

i hope your week has started well too...?

hug sophie dog for me and have a hug for yourself too!
xc