Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Birthday reflections...

Clive's birthday today. He brought me breakfast in bed and I gave him his pressie and card! Fair exchange I think.

I drove for an hour this morning to attend a seminar in a remote village hall, which was not only boring, but not useful, it was over in an hour, and I was back speeding down the Al, dodging the speed cameras in the summer sunshine. Laura was around today, so I figured that after yesterday I had earned lunch. We ate in Carluccios, always a good place to be! After an afternoon's work, I headed home to find Laura already there with the kettle on and the chocolate biscuits out..what a good girl she is. We sat out in the sun and enjoyed girlie gossips, awaiting the arrival of Clive, James and Mec, and the lvoely Chinese takeaway, before settling down for the evening's excitement..The final of The Apprentice! Did the right woman win..I think so..Alan Sugar was obviously pleased with his choice...!!!!

Then it was time for coffee and birthday cake, and a time to remember various birthdays past...and James to realise he doesn't want to be 30 later this year...I remember my 30th like it was yesterday, I remember the party I had, what I wore..and James was amazed to think that he was there, aged 7!!!!! Doesn't time fly.......

2 comments:

Caroline said...

hope it all did go as well as it sounds..... ;) and that the service in Carluccios was a little more, er, um, prompt than on our visit! Its SO nic to ahve the pictures in my head of you in c's, in the garden, in the living room....have i told you i had a fantastic time? miss you!

Rainbow dreams said...

Am pleased a good day was had :-)