Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sharing the good times.....

I have shared the bad times on this blog (Oh, how she has shared the bad times, you are thinking. Sorry.) So it's important to share the good times as well.

I have weaned myself off the anti-depressants ahead of schedule. I have almost a month and a half''s supply left! But I have been feeling ok so just went with it and have been 'clean' for a week. My counsellor is amazed and delighted with how I am doing. We have just three sessions left, after Iona, to finish with one just after the first anniversary of dad's death. I am ok with this and feel really positive.

Do you know how good it is to come home from work, cook dinner, walk the dog and potter about and do things? I have hardly cooked in almost a year - C has come home from work and found me asleep on the settee, I wake and eat, go back to sleep and go to bed as early as possible, always by 10pm. I was permanently tired. I would wake up exhausted. For about the last three weeks it has changed. I actually have some energy back. I am not crying. I am back in control. I have been reluctant to say, because I can change so quickly, overnight it can all change and it is horrible feeling so out of control.

But now I am still awake at gone 11pm! I am going to bed later, and sleeping really, really, well. I am still having strange dreams, and dream about mum and dad being alive again on a regular basis. I see them in my dreams, but it doesn't upset me.

I hope, really hope and pray, that I am finding the person I used to be. Or rather, the person I am going to be now. I am looking forward to a break in Iona - but also nervous about lots of things (will I rememebr to pack everything for a start!) but I will be with Friends. Which can only be good.

I just thought I'd share that with you!

4 comments:

1 i z said...

Sounds good, glad things are generally progressing in an upward direction.

And I like the sound of a late night Sally...

As for packing...would you like us friendly commenters to make suggestions for the list again. Only you really will struggle to find a 24hr Tescos on a Hebredean Island...

As your roomie (hopefully!), maybe I should pack two of everything just in case?

So that's one Terry's Chocolate Orange for me...and one Terry's Chocolate Orange for Sall; one pack of dark chocolate Bounties for me...and one pack of dark chocolate Bounties for Sall...

Oh dear, I'm not sure Shaun's car is going to be big enough...

Rainbow dreams said...

Am pleased it's all improving - have a wonderful time away

1 i z said...

An excellent point Pab. Since Reverend Mother McGinty's (well almost - but hey never too soon to use the title I feel) departure from the employs of a well known chocolate manufacturer, the position of Confectionery Queen/King has been worryingly unfilled.

I suggest we arrange for potential applicants to bring their wares to the island, where the three of us can judge.

Just need to find some potential applicants...

Kathryn said...

Dammit, Iona, GB friends AND chocolate. Oh, I wish, wish WISH I were coming too.
have a wonderful time, all of you.
Hugs xxx