Saturday, May 20, 2006

What Sally did next...

...was sit quietly at an outdoor table and looked after the bags once again while J and K went on the Glass Elevator. A sign said, not suitable for those with motion sickness, so I was not allowed to go, and happily sat enjoying being alive and feeling better, and sad to report, happily and proudly texting friends that it was only twenty past ten, and I had been sick already! If only I had my lap top......

So...to the rest of the day. Let me share a couple of the rides. Which would you prefer? J and K next went on Oblivion, and yes, I held their bags. And took photos:
I know you can't see them, but there they are, suspended for a moment before being dropped like a stone into a black hole in the ground, and I could hear the screaming long after the ride disappeared, then out of the tunnel they came, everyone screaming and lvoing it. Mad!!!!!!

As we walked on round the park, I saw a ride I wanted to go on. It looked perfect. Would J and K come on with me? No, they would not, this time they would hold the bags....ok, I'll go on my own, blow you..I left K with my phone to take a picture to prove I could go on a high ride on my own..really on my own, not another soul was on it at all.....

I climbed the tree carefully to the top and got into Squirrel Nutty's ride round Story Land. Gentle music accompanied me through the trees, and the tree house tunnel, and little nursery rhyme figures peeped round each corner..I went round twice, a ride which was pleasant, enjoyable, no queues and lasted far longer than the 45 seconds of the nasty rides. Pure joy.

As I climbed out and made my way down from the tree house, I spotted the sign that told me this ride had not been without risk, and I had been very brave...
but they didn't strap me in, but trusted me to sit still and behave.... having found the part of the Theme Park I liked, with no other visitors, and I do not exaggerate, it was Empty..I headed for Macdonald's Farm and the tractor
ride..that was good fun, and I had a horn I could sound, and steered carefully round all the corners, which creased K as she pointed out the tractor was on a self-guiding rail..... actually someone else came on the ride with me, but when I turned and took a picture said, 'If you publish that picture on the Web, I'll kill you' with such venom that I believed her...so sorry, no can do...... (but can I post the lvoeyl picture with the singing pig? Oh. please....)

I have no pictures of the gentle boat ride through the farm, with music and birdsong and clues to guess animals, and when you had guessed the animal, you had to press the right button on the boat to make the animal noise...J and K got on the boat saying, 'We can't believe we are going on the children's rides, this is so embarrassing..' then next minute they're quarrelling over whose turn it is to press a button..'It's not fair, you guessed last time..' Soon we gave up taking it in turns and were pressing all of our buttons at once, so the air was alive with mooing, buzzing, quacking, neighing, barking..And I thought, who can I ring and share this with....Oh, Liz, guess which ride we are on......

There was the lunch break, the donuts, the golf range where I almost won a new car...The Log Flume, the River Rapids, where J got so wet....It was excellent, excellent fun, we laughed ...and at the end of the day, when I was warm and dry in the driving seat of my car, in control of my life once more..I smiled and ate M and Ms all the way home....after stopping to sleep for half an hour in a service station as I was so tired..thank you guys for inviting me. I lvoe you!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

nooooooo laughing this much hurts! and wakes the lodgers.....boy doyou have a lot to answer for!

Shaun said...

if its any consolation, a friend of mine threw up just watching the pirate ship when we went there on a school trip

sally said...

I do feel better, thank you. I thought I was the only one who could feel sick just watching!!!!!

Kathryn said...

Sally...PLEASE will you come with us if the young Flemings insist we do a theme park this summer?I need someone who understands how I feel...and we can look after the bags together ;-)

sally said...

Kathryn, I'm your woman. Thorpe Park is very nice - and they do a lvoely tea cup ride.....we can do that while the YFs look after our bags!!!!

Rainbow dreams said...

Just catching up .... Squirrel Nutty's ride looks far nicer than Oblivion to me :-)
I'm much happier holding bags and taking pictures