Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Work work and more work....

I worked on it for three hours on Bank Holiday Monday. I am putting together a submission for our NHS funding to be continued. It has to be in by Friday, and guess what, I am on leave Thurs & Fri cos I have a fieend (typo, I thought I'd leave it..!!) coming to stay and play....why does work get in the way of plans for playing? I worked on it most of yesterday, and last night, and took it to M my Chair, at 10pm for him to look at it and write a supporting letter...

Other news of yesterday: after offers and counter offers and negotiations, Laa and Mec have got the house! Now it is all mortgage talk, and surveys and solicitors and money and it's scary, but she keeps ringing me to talk about it and ask advice and it's very lvoely to be needed and involved...I am helping with the deposit, but my condition is that I help to move in on moving day! I have made it clear I would be upset to be left out , they will have to put up with me getting in the way and being excited, but after that I have promised to leave them alone unless invited round for tea! Although I suspect it will probably be invited round to help with painting or gardening.....

Personal news: right, I have been feeling a lot better, I hope this has been reflected in my blog. I have cut down on the anti-depressants, missing every third day, so far so good...I had bereavement counselling yesterday and we were talking about how well I am doing, how far I have come - she was very impressed with all my cleaning, it's cleansing and cathartic and me taking control again. We talked about coming to the ending of counselling, and it's only then I got tearful! She hurriedly put in another couple of sessions to take me to the end of June, and the week of the anniversary of dad's death. It feels like I will have come full circle.

It's amazing the difference a year makes! Now I am feeling so much better, and more in control, and finding Me again and enjoying time and space and my own company..this time last year was the worst bit of dad's illness, and I was worried, stressed, a mess. Whizzing up and down the motorway and collecting my 4 speeding tickets! Next week is also the anniversary of my job disaster, almost losing my job, my blog, and life as we know it. It will be a year, and all the nasty stuff can be taken out of my file at work and shredded...it will be as if it didn't happen....

Lots to celebrate...mostly, the support of you, my friends in blog land...I can't express how much your lvoe and care has meant to me. Thank you. Now I have to go to work and get on with this bl**dy funding submission....

1 comment:

Rainbow dreams said...

Am pleased you're feeling better - sounds like you've been through a really tough time - enjoy your friend coming to stay :-)
Great news about the house(I frequently envy other peoples kitchens so am sure thats fine!)
And well done and good luck on your work with the funding issue, Katie