Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ok, I own up....

...going to Alton Towers wasn't the most obvious choice for a day out for me. But the lvoely Jo and Karen had invited me, and besides, I'll try anything once...well, almost anything..I cannot understand the concept of people paying good money to be strapped into things which turn you upside down and inside out and spin up, down and sideways at 90 miles an hour, so that your brains come out of your ears. Or in my case, your breakfast comes out of your mouth.

At 10.20am..only an hour after entering the park, and after risking two 'tame????' rides, I threw up. On the Alton Towers cable car ride. Hundreds of feet up. With a captive audience of fellow cable car riders. Sorry. I knew that cooked breakfast was a mistake.

Anyway, that's enough for now. That should 'whet' you appetite to hear about the rest of the two days. The details tomorrow. With pictures!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

lololololol oh goodness - i thought you were joking when you texted me! Did J and k do the decent thing and disown you at that point?! hope it was a good trip (sans vomit) very much looking forward to the novel that will no doubt ensue!

1 i z said...

Well there's always one...

...which can be useful as someone needs to hold the bags etc.

Kathryn said...

Thank goodness I'm not alone in my hopelessness! I THOUGHT you were a kindred spirit....wish you hadn't had to confirm it quite that way, but still.....x