Friday, November 03, 2006

Angry..angry...

Was angry yesterday..often we get offered furniture, people looking for someone to take away stuff they don't want..sometimes it is good real charity..good stuff, don't want it to go to waste...etc etc..sometimes it is a matter of taking stuff away to save the owner having to do it themselves and take it to a tip..

People offer, we decline, sorry, we don't do furniture...but yesterday someone rung up and offered bunk beds, and just the day before I had visited a single mum with two boys who needs bunk beds..could I put two and two together...I even know a man at church with a van who would do the delivery if necessary..

I rang mum..yes she would be very interested in the bunk beds....I rang lady, yes, when could mum come and look at them......pause..(what a single mum supported by a charity coming round here?) is how I read it..why does she need to come round? Well, to see if they are what she wants. Pause...I'm sorry, but they are in good condition, and I am giving them away, I don't see why she should need to come round to see if they are good enough, she should be grateful.....

I must not be rude..yes, but at the very least, will they fit in her bedroom? No point in us collecting them if they will not do....Oh..well, they are solid wood, very heavy, you will need two people to collect them, and they will need dismantling before you can take them downstairs... and you can come a week next Sunday, not convenient before then.

Thank you so much I say, putting the phone down. Do you know what, lvoe? We'll leave it thanks, and you will have to dismantle them, carry them and transport them to the tip yourself. What a shame.

Do you know? Still bloody angry today!!!!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

hug

Rainbow dreams said...

what a cheek! hug from me too