Sunday, November 12, 2006

And the whole point of the weekend....

..was the Maghull Day of Music. Now an annual festival of Folk Music, held at the Maghull town hall, we headed straight there after our cathedral tour and took our seats by 1pm, ready to enjoy over 10 hours of folk music..well, Johnny Jean and I were setting out to enjoy it, to be honest Clive was there under sufferance..I know, I know, your sympathies are entirely with him: but here are some pics from the day:














at the top, Flook, during their afternoon slot....then, amazingly enough, Julie Felix..I saw her in concert in Bristol when I was 15..I am now..much older than that, and she looks exactly the same!!! We worked out she is 68..yes 68 years old....being of American Indian descent obviously keeps one young..or maybe it is singing 'The times they are a changing' for over 40 years!!!!

Finally, the whole point of the weekend: to see a band that Johnny told me about when we went to the Wickham music festival in the summer: Last Night's Fun. He was sure I would lvoe them and I did. Lvoed them, loved them. Very Celtic. Very funny: the banter from the guy on the right, Chris was hysterical, he is real comedian, but more importantly a good musician. Can't wait to see them again. Of course, I have their latest CD, signed by the band..they are my new best friends....

2 comments:

1 i z said...

Do they play pan pipes?

sally said...

No, Liz, I only do pan pipes when in Peru, darling!!!