Thursday, November 09, 2006

Say that again?????

A day in the office with treasurer and auditor having last year's accounts audited.. Mostly it went well, despite the odd mistake, like she came across an expense form not countersigned...you know, three thousand forms are signed by two people, she finds the one I missed....b*gger...

Anyway, after a whole day of fairly usual finance related stuff, and advice on 'water tight procedures' including the concept that my administration assistant shouldn't open the post, but someone else, and it should all be signed and counter signed and witnessed, then no-one can steal cheques....yeah right..a tad over the top?? If I can't trust my admin assistant to open the post - part of the job for which she is paid..what is the point????

As she is leaving my treasurer says, in passing, that I am one of the best managers she has ever worked with (she comes from a business background) and my chin nearly hits the desk hearing such praise from an unexpected quarter. She says, 'Seriously, you are so professional and manage extremely well, you ensure things are done very thoroughly and properly.' I bask a little in the praise and hope it is just a little true....

Anyway, I finally get away and go home and iron and pack and get ready to head off to Liverpool, C and I take a flask of coffee - one of joys in life, milky coffee from a flask tastes delicious, and make the journey in 3 hours door to door, arriving at 10pm. My cousin is due back from business in Poland at 10.30pm and we plan to eat then. Unfortunately his plane is delayed and we eventually sit down to a big meal at 11.45pm!!!! It sets the theme for the weekend - food, food and more food. His wife is a real home maker and provider, and never ceases to provide...I promise, the diet starts tomorrow...

No comments: