Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The weekend continued...

....After a day's meetings and discussions, and everyone happy with the place except no..there was no cooked breakfast..I hear your displeasure, and I will have 'talks' for next year...we all gathered in the Lounge/Bar area for the now traditional Sally & David Pub quiz. I always find this stressful, people take it so seriously, and any show of weakness or doubt about our answers is vociferously challenged....we had done our usual shop in T*ys R Cr*p and come up with little games, toys, 'joker' flowers and bowls of sweeties and chocolates. Are they appreciated? Probably not. Was it appreciated that I didn't bring my guitar, song books and variety of instruments? Probably.

After the quiz I felt stressed and quite exhausted....a little tired and emotional too, but let's draw a veil over that.

Sunday continued with more meetings, lunch and then home....except D and I kidnapped some lucky friends, and took them out for an afternoon treat.....the reaction was just what we hoped it would be!! As Caroline said, the dinner was questionable value for money (although delicious, it has to be said..) but the High Tea was something else.......................

3 comments:

1 i z said...

Do you think one cake stand each was a bit over the top?

Shaun said...

possibly over the top, but I didn't see anyone complaining :D

It was a perfect end to a great weekend

Caroline said...

it was utterly splendid. thank you. could be why my clothes don't fit tho.... but iut was worth it.