Monday, November 06, 2006

Birthday weekend.....

I think that Laura had a good birthday weekend... I picked her up at 9.45 on Saturday morning and we went into town and had breakfast! Then we went to a very up market bridal wear shop for appointment to try on wedding dresses...she tried on seven or eight wedding dresses and she looked stunning in all of them, absolutely stunning. She will look amazing in whatever she chooses (although I accept I may be a little biased) . I, on the other hand, will need to lose about four stone - well two and half anyway, to look half decent. Given that the wedding date is likely to be Friday May 18th, I had better start the diet and exercise routine right now...

After a bit more shopping I took off to the homeopath for a follow up appointment - I needed it, I haven't been as stable as I would like to be recently (am I ever?), and she is going to send me a second little white pill! But I am on track she thinks..making good progress. I hope this pill reduces the craving for chocolate...

I went back into St Albans and found Laura in one of her favourite shops, FCKU, looking like a rabbit caught in headlights, with arms full of clothes to try on, although she promised Mec she wouldn't go shopping!! I took pity and agreed to buy a couple of things for her birthday, so after a trying on fest, she decided on a pair of black cord trousers, drain pipe like (goodness, are they really back in?) and a skirt. The skirt was pretty but expensive (it's silk, mother) and my suggestion that we could probably get some similar material off the market and run something up did not impress. I love how easy it is to wind her up.....then it was 3pm, goodness, and time for tea and a pastry...

More shopping, followed by proper food shopping, and I got home at 5pm just before Clive and his mum. I cooked dinner for us and then spent the evening asleep in the arm chair...

Sunday morning saw me cooking madly, making lunch, and a trifle and of course birthday cake for tea. We ended up with loads of us for tea and we all ate far too much...

I made poor Laa blow out her candles three times while I tried to capture it with my phone camera... not sure I did it justice but I tried....

No comments: