Monday, November 27, 2006

The Circle of Life

A good weekend, but with my lack of sleep and busy few days, I felt I was only 70% there! But I did try...I arrived home from Bristol, dropped my bags in the hall, went straight out to pick J and K up from the station, came back, dropped their bags in the hall, and headed off to my favourite Chinese restaurant - we took Clive with us who found J and K very entertaining and he enjoyed himself immensely. He was very impressed with how much wine J can get through on her own!!!!

Saturday, my guests suggested having breakfast out, which may have been a diplomatic reaction to me admitting that with going to Bristol and funerals and wot not, I had not been shopping, so there was not much choice..but we all headed to my favourite little coffee chop and partook of their cooked breakfast, and Laura joined us which was lvoely.

After a brief shopping foray in St Albans, it was time to get the train to London. The tube was playing up (ie not stopping at Kings, most inconvenient) so after much train hopping and a long walk we made it just in time for The Lion King! Oh it was brilliant - the staging, the animals...the music and singing...(of course sitting down for 10 mins in a warm comfy theatre, as you can imagine, I did not off a bit in the first half. I was so tired and so relaxed....)

Waiting for curtain up..so excited!!!!


After the matinee, it was still only about 5 o'clock, so we just had to head to Covent Garden and do a bit of Christmas shopping and take in the festive atmosphere, and press our noses up against shop windows we were too poor to go in.....

Suddenly it was time to eat again, and we found ourselves in a sweet little Italian which was very nice but the portions were a bit on the small side....

The M&S at Covent Garden came in useful as a source of picnic goodies...I rang ahead and got Clive to light a roaring log fire, and pick us up from the station...home by 9pm and installed in comfort, with wine, coffee, lots of goodies to eat and a chance to catch up on the gossip..Clive suddenly found his paper very interesting....

I know I was falling asleep again, such a lousy hostess, but I managed to be up first in the morning and make J and K a decent breakfast. Their plans included a Christmas shopping and sightseeing day in London, starting with Harrods..it all sounded wonderful, but still feeling slightly under the weather, and still very tired (what is wrong with me??) I chose to leave them to it and have a quiet day at home catching up on housework, washing and ironing (I repeat, what is wrong with me!!!!) boring I know, but I hadn't been home since Thursday morning....my excuse....

You could tell I was tired, I helped them get their coat and bags together in the hall, gave them both big farewell hugs, then it dawned on me, I was taking them to the station.....

1 comment:

1 i z said...

"then it dawned on me..."

Sally I love you for many, many different reasons, but that line sums up one of them very well.