Saturday, November 04, 2006

Tearful....

Not so much angry on Friday....a bit low and, after a meeting with social services and a family with a severely disabled baby, very tearful. Lots of feelings brought up for me, but of course I can't talk about my work here! In the afternoon I had a meeting with one of my funders, and over the next two years my funding is going to go up considerably, which means I can plan to turn my part time colleague's role into full time post, and thus expand the scheme - more volunteers supporting more familes, instead of having to turn down referrals all the time, which is depressing.

I didn't manage to get any lunch, which means when I went to the lvoely W*ffle House to meet DC for our monthly business meeting over tea and waffles, I used the half hour I was waiting for him, because he was LATE, to sit quietly and have a bowl of their wonderful home made vegetable soup. By the time he turned up I was ready for a cup of tea and waffle with hot apple and sultanas and ice cream. Sadly, I was not in a good mood, and so often our business meetings begin with lots of angst ridden conversations about punctuality, communication, respect, valuing, etc etc.....gets me nowhere, why do I bother?

After tea, home to sit side by side at my dining room table at our matching lap tops while we do invoices, expenses, pay roll, on-line banking, etc etc, and frankly I get depressed at how much money he earns in relation to others in the say, charitable sector. It's criminal..............

When we finish our 'short' meeting at 8pm, I realise it is too late to go out shopping, I am too tired, so I go out for fish and chips, and then watch a dvd Laura has brought over: Prime: an ok film, but starring Meryl Streep as a Jewish mother/therapist, and I don't like her in the role at all. The kind of film which is ok to fill in a couple of hours on a Friday night....

Talking of therapist mothers, time to get up, fetch Laura, go to our favourite coffee shop for breakfast, and then on to posh bridal shop for an appointment to try on wedding dresses. Bloody hell, I am going to be mother of the bride.................

2 comments:

Caroline said...

did she choose a dress? did she? hope you had a good day and drank lots of coffee and ate lots of cake !

Rainbow dreams said...

How exciting - trying on wedding dresses.... and what is the mother of the bride going to be wearing?