Friday, November 24, 2006

6 funerals and a wedding....

..in six years, and yet another opportunity to meet up with cousins - we are all orphans now...hugs needed all round.

I decided to leave work early on Thursday, and had a lvoely drive to Bristol, one of those wonderful autumn afternoons with not a cloud in a clear blue sky: bright sunshine and a good clear drive, made it in under three hours. I am so honest, I will admit to playing one of my favourite cds: The Seekers, with folk ballads from years gone by, and I sang along with every one. There was no-one to tell me off, and I was very happy.

I used one of those useful motorway M&S shops, and bought flowers and chocolate and delicious food for later on...

It started to go wrong - well not wrong exactly, but a bit wobbly... when I went past the slip road I would have taken had I been going to my parents' house...and began to wish I could take that turning, and go and find them there, waiting for me, in good health with the kettle on..well, that set me off and I sobbed all the way to Avonmouth!

I pulled myself together in time to visit my aunt, my mum's younger sister, and we enjoyed a cup of tea and an hour and a half recalling memories, and caught up on our news. She was so excited to hear about Laura's wedding! She was thrilled to see me, she misses mum so much, and we had a huge hug, and I went on my way and cried all the way to Caroline's!!!

The food and chocolate puddings which didn't need cooking!!! went down a treat, and we chatted for a while until tiredness and lowness of mood forced me to bed..lots more tears but very little sleep sadly.

Just the mood for going to a funeral!!!!!

No comments: