Monday, November 20, 2006

What's in that little white pill I wonder????

Remember, almost two weeks my homeopath sent me my second little white pill. The first two weeks, like the first pill I took, there was not much difference..but gradually I have been feeling better and better in myself, more stable and dare I say it..happier. I know some people say homeopathy is rubbish: I had no agenda (Pete!) but I am impressed....over the last three months, since I took the first pill, I am gradually regaining control of my emotions, and my life. It does what it says on the tin! At least what she said it would do....

Today was a good day at work, I was talking with my staff about the new age discrimination legislation, and the fact that you have to be careful what you say at work, because as well as racial harassment, sexual harassment, you can now sue for ageist harassment. So naturally we spent the day being as rude as possible to each other: I asked Nikki something and then thirty seconds later had to ask again as I had forgotten the answer, then put milk in her tea when I know she doesn't take it, and because she is ten years younger than me, there were lots of digs about old age and forgetfulness. I'll sue for hurt feelings, really I will...

I had to go to a council meeting to hear grants for next year discussed by the councillors: it was scary when they got to me and asked me questions in front of everyone, I was terrified I wouldn't know the answers!!! But I did, and they voted me my funding again, with a 2.5% inflationary uplift. Magic.

I left the meeting and went to have dinner with Jacky and family: it was her dad's funeral on Friday and her mum's 80th birthday on Sunday, what an emotional roller coaster. I thought she had invited me round so that she could talk, but no, all she wanted was for me to talk and make her laugh. The assumption was that something funny would have happened, ie I would have fallen out of a small truck or something. They had to make do with the chocolate pudding story, and it seemed to do the trick. They laughed almost as much at me spilling gravy down my smart white top, oh yes, I'll do anything to amuse.....

Came home to find Clive happily full of pheasant stew and yummy creamy hot, melt in the mouth chocolate souffle. It was delicious apparently. Yes, Caroline, get down to S*insb*rys. On Thursday I want to taste the real thing.

No comments: