Saturday, November 18, 2006

Oh, what a day....

So much going on in my head, on so many levels..you know, like the swan gliding along, and the feet paddling frantically underneath: so far so good, the outside appearance is quite convincing!! I am doing well...and I have much, very much to be happy about.

A sunny, crisp winter's day, with a bright blue sky, and a visit to Laura's wedding venue to confirm and pay the deposit. I can see why she wants to get married there. It's beautiful. And the gardens should look stunning in May.

Then on to another bridal shop, where a lvoely lady called Helena looked after us and knew exactly what Laura wanted. Everyone asked me last week, when she tried on those beautiful wedding gowns, did I cry, and I said, no, actually I didn't. But today, she appeared in a particular dress, and she and Helena looked to me for comment..I couldn't speak, and a lump came in my throat. Laura looked at me, her eyes shiny...yes, this was the one.

We have a dress.

Back to Laa's house to have tea and toast and tease Mec about the dress we have found...then on to Jacky's, to give hugs and drink more tea, and talk about anything but her dad's funeral yesterday. All she wanted to know about were Laura's plans. She was excited for me. What a lvoley friend. And she will talk when she is ready.

This is the stuff of life. Of human relationships. Birth. Marriage. Death. Happiness. Sadness. Love. We are all in it together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the stuff of life indeed, all mixed up together.

I'm pleased you've found the dress, x