Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Random Weds morning thoughts...

1. I would like to stay in bed today.

Had a meeting with chair and treasurer last night. Finance driven. From 8pm until 11.20pm. Enough said................

2. Found receipt for petrol and flowers bought in Bristol. Flowers cost £3.99. In a bunch in the middle of all those buckets of fresh flowersoutsidee all petrol stations. How was I to know.........

3. Had an e-mail from my Big Cousin after funeral, along the lines of, you did really well on Friday, you looked lvoely, you talked to people, you were caring, good to see you etc etc.

I replied, thank you for saying I looked lvoely (words which leapt out of the page at me..not often heard!!!) in truth next to my younger, slimmer, glamorous cousins, in fact I felt middle aged, overweight and frumpy. There, I said it.

His reply? Well yes, you are middle aged, overweight and frumpy, but you still looked lvoely, it's your smile, your personality, it just shines through and that's what people see.

Now if that isn't enough to make me start my diet, go to the gym and rethink my wardrobe, I don't know what is.

Isn't the truth wonderful!!!!!!

4. Still want to stay in bed.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Never mind what you look like, you ARE lovely.
Sorry you've had such a roller coaster month of it. Huge hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi hope you're ok - hope you got time in bed this week, sending a hug your way too