Sunday, November 19, 2006

A culinary tale....

Today was a good day..I haven't stepped outside the door, but it has been a productive day. I began by putting on some good music and continuing to tidy my bedroom, a job started yesterday. I worked all morning while Clive was at church, and was rewarded with a nice bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk, which went down a treat.

I realised that a lot of the paperwork in my room needs to live downstairs, but that room, my music/therapy room, is full of my parents' stuff and other crap which also needed sorting out..so early afternoon saw the music going on downstairs and I cleaned and tidied and sorted inside while Clive swept leaves outside.

Yesterday Clive made pheasant stew (or peasant stew as I will call it!) and it smelt quite strong cooking..not sure if I was up for it, but was prepared to give it a try on the grounds that it was cooked for me....

After all that tidying, and some ironing to boot, I was hungry by 7pm and tucked in to a huge plateful..it was very nice actually..very tasty.

James and Amy had been at Laa and Mec's for lunch and they called in for a drink on their way home..I think some work had been done on the wedding invitation..as a H*bit*t textile designer, Amy has been given the job...

Anyway, after they left, I became a bit hungry again for a little something..luckily, Clive had also bought some little chocolatey individual puddings from S*insbrys (he knows me so well) and I decided to have one. The brand name is Gu: strange..still I started eating, and unusually for me, didn't like it much. It was heavy going, and very..well, Gu-ey. Too thick for mousse...too solid for cake...it took a while to eat it and I was glad when it was over. 'Don't buy those again,' I said, 'They aren't very nice.' 'Oh' said Clive. 'Very heavy and sickly,' I said, 'a bit like uncooked cake mix.' (You can see where this is going, can't you?)

On clearing up the kitchen, I went to put the box and the remaining pudding back in the fridge, when the words 'hot chocolate souffle' caught my eye...closer inspection of the small print with my reading glasses found the cooking instructions..to cook that perfect light, hot, choclatey, melt in the mouth souffle...you know I thought I didn't feel well earlier..I feel positively sick now...

Personally, I think its all Clive's fault. He, on the other hand, found it very funny that I hadn't read the instructions, and is looking forward to his hot chocolate souffle after his dinner tomorow night.

B&st*rd.

2 comments:

1 i z said...

lol!

Love you so much.

Chocolate, catalogue of errors, amusing outcome - yeah I'd say it's classic Sall :-)

Caroline said...

lolol such a waste. how about we try it again - cooked properly - on thursday?