Thursday, December 14, 2006

Wonderful, wonderful, music....

I mentioned St Agnes Fountain far too briefly in my previous blog.....what an evening..as the lady sitting next to me said, 'Our Christmas only starts after we have seen St Agnes Fountain.'
The brilliant Christ Leslie from Fairport Convention, Julies Mathews and Chris Wiles, two amazingly talented singer/songwriters, and David Hughes, all come together every December with a sparkling, wonderful, tingling array of Christmas folk music, but not folk: arrangements of Christmas carols, ballads, and readings that just take your breath away.

They can't stop smiling, they share their obvious enjoyment of their music, and spend the entire interval signing CDs and greeting fans like old friends, though obviously they don't remember us!! Well, except of course Chris remembers me doing follow spot for Fairport at the Alban Arena three years ago, when I reminded him, he said, 'Yes, of course, Sally, how are you doing?' What a star....

I now have three of their CDs and it is these that are accompanying my Christmas preparations and lifting my spirits...go find them!!!!

4 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

Sally, one of the things I love about blogging is the musical recommendations of others - thanks :)

Caroline said...

sounds good - glad there's a happy soundtrack around things for you at the moment.

1 i z said...

Oh how ignorant am I? When you mentioned St Agnes Fountain in a previous post I assumed it was a place...

Doh!

sally said...

It is a place...the name comes from a famous Christmas song..."Sire, he lives a good league hence,Underneath the mountain. Right against the forest fence, By Saint Agnes' fountain." So now you know!!!