Saturday, December 30, 2006

Almost had a night's sleep.....

Had a successful visit to the G*alleria with Laa, Mec and Clive, and we were able to advise out menfolk on the purchase of suits - Clive has a rather smart Pieere Caardin dark grey wedding suit - tried on and bought in about 15 minutes - oh that buying my outfit would be so easy!!!

Mec bought a nice suit, but isn't sure if he'll get married in it - I suspect a decision on that will be a long time coming...

Had friends round to lunch, Jacky, Peter and the girls, who always lvoe to come round for cold turkey, salad and my special bubble and squeak. I was rewarded by them playing a game with me, we played Taboo, but they noted that after complaining that no-one else would play with me, I feel asleep between turns...

Given that Friday was the last of the visitors to be catered for and entertained (I do my best when I am awake...) I was able to put my feet up last night and watch Mrs Henderson Presents, before going to bed, feeling very relaxed and sure I would sleep well....

I was awoken from a very deep sleep about 3.30am with Clive standing in the doorway saying, 'The dog's being sick, can't you hear?' I dragged myself awake, feeling guilty and responsible, and worried there was something seriously wrong as she had kindly puked on my bedroom carpet earlier that day. I heard Clive going downstairs with wretching (and wretched) dog, so I got up and went down too. I stood and shivered in the kitchen while the dog vanished up the garden, and after a while I went back up for my dressing gown. Clive had vanished. 'Where are you?' I said, wanting moral support in case I had to ring the vet. 'I'm back in bed,' came a voice from the front bedroom. 'No point in us both being up.'

The dog came in, wagging her tail and looking for a biscuit, and looking too well for an emergency call to the vet...(or Merlin, perhaps, he is generally on duty still about 3,30am...) So I went back to bed, wondering about the logic of waking me from a deep sleep when 'there is no point in both of us being up.' Of course I slept very badly from then on.

And they say women are not logical. Hmmph.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

that doesn't sound nice at all. poor sophie-dog, poor sally. hope you are both feeling happier now...hug.

Kathryn said...

Ah but Sally, you must realise that the same biological factors that decree that certain people cannot clean loos also come into force where poorly animals are concerned...in fact, whenever animals are anything other than decorative, they are suddenly and totally "YOUR dog/cat/hamster..."
Sorry. That struck a raw spot...Sympathies to both you and Sophie dog