Wednesday, December 13, 2006

At last...

..this new blogger takes some getting into just to post on your own blog!!!!

While I am taking the morning off work to be in bed with stress, I may as well do something useful and blog.....

Headache, tears, more tears...nothing serious but a few life events just taking their toll...mostly involving some other people so can't go into detail, except got myself involved in a situation that is very difficult, being blamed and resented for something that is not my fault..been going on for a few months..have had a crappy time trying to be chirpy, wonderful, make it better etc etc, have finally had an apology (and a lvoely basket of Christmas flowers), have spent hours on the phone yesterday suddenly being friend and counsellor...had two difficult client visits through work, double booked myself and messed up..result, a head ache, tears, and the clear message that Sally is very tired and emotional and needs to go home!!!

When dear C gets home to find me in bed and puffy eyed, I try to tell him how I feel in the hope I will get a hug. He shrugs in a man way, says a few unhelpful but obvious things, concluding with, 'well, she has apologised, so what's the problem?' Please, please, is it me, or is it not obvious that apology or not, the hurt has been caused and I have dealt with it up front in a cheery generous way, but not unsurprisingly, the hurt has to come out somewhere? The hug I did not get.

Oh well, no serious damage done...just a hectic weekend with people staying, my cousin and wife, so last week was shopping, cooking, cleaning, working. preparing..we did touristy things in St Albans, went to London and saw Evita, went to Hitchin and saw St Agnes Fountain...f**ing brilliant..I sang...it was festive, jolly, Christmassy, and I could sing...I didn't cry..but by Monday morning when they left I was bl**dy tired.

Doing it all again this weekend!!! Must get up and wash all the bedding....it's a good life if you can stand the pace....

2 comments:

1 i z said...

Oh Sally. Hope you know you can ring me any time if you want to have a rant. Unless of course I'm the bad person who made you cry. But really this time, I don't think it was me ;-)

Have a fe thousand friend hugs to make up for the crap 'man shrug' you got from C. He cares in his own way, just not always in a way that is very useful to the distressed female ;-)

Kathryn said...

Welcome back! I'm so sorry that things have been bleak - sometimes men are beyond belief, but as Liz says, your friends love you loads and hugs are constantly available.
((Sally))