Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve...

..Saturday improved in that once I had stopped crying, I knew I had pull myself together and go into town visit the market for the last time before Christmas. Find the true meaning..sprouts.

I am feeling in need of company, and unsure how I will be in the city centre full of busy-ness and crowds. The phone rings and David says he is taking his two girls into town shopping and would I like a lift in? I say yes please, and soon I am chatting to two excited girlies going into town to spend daddy's money on Christmas clothes. We separate so that D and I do the necessary vegetable shopping, pausing for a coffee and croissant at my favourite cafe, and a precious few moments to stop and talk and be still....

I get involved in a few clothes shops, advising on outfits with the girlies, and we have fun, and I even try on something in M*ns**n and buy it for Christmas. I paid for it myself - while the other outfits cost D a great deal of money.

When we get back Clive and m-in-law are there, and I get busy offering my home made vegetable soup, and with the realisation that all shopping is done, and all gifts are wrapped, I am more prepared for Christmas than ever before, and can now relax.

This morning, for the first time in two or three years at Christmas, I went to church and sang the carols, and enjoyed it. I have been waiting for this:

Yet with the woes of sin and strife,
The world hath suffered long;
Beneath the angel-strain have rolled,
Two thousand years of wrong;
And man, at war with man, hears not,
The love song which they bring:
O hush the noise, ye men of strife,
And hear the angels sing.

When we got home from church, an unexpected visitor called in with a last piece of shopping, and I just had to take a picture, as he spread his brand of fun and jollity among us. It took 5 goes to get the flashing nose on, so be impressed.
Yes, he had been shopping (again) dressed like this.
Happy Christmas Eve.


3 comments:

Kathryn said...

omg...that's fabulous!
About to log off for the duration, but have a lovely time, sweetie...
Hugs, seasonal and every day! x

Rainbow dreams said...

Happy Christmas Sally, hope it's a peaceful and lovely time, Katie, x

Rainbow dreams said...

thats a great picture :)
He shopped like that?? Excellent... sorry my thought/ comment processes are slightly disjointed just now!