Thursday, December 28, 2006

Found!!!!!!

Remember my post of a few days ago? How I had lost my engagement ring?

Well, praise the Lord, it has been found! I said I wouldn't get upset, because I knew, just knew, deep down, that it would turn up when I least expected it...

I kept fighting back tears when anyone asked about it..no, I have not yet found my ring, and it's been a month now.

But when I was sitting in the lounge with James and Amy yesterday afternoon, cosily by the fire, and I was sorting through a pile of paperwork looking for something in particular (which I found by the way) and James decided to go through the piles of papers and magazines on the magazine shelf underneath the coffee table, and throw lots out, although I told him I had done that recently, he still found loads to bin..he suddenly leant down and looked right under the table, picked something up off the carpet and said 'What's this doing here?' and he was holding up...my ring!!!

I was speechless. He was confused at my reaction, my joy, as he was the one person who didn't know I had lost it! I was confused as I had last seen my ring in the kitchen, and the coffee table has been moved, only slightly, I grant you, over Christmas, nearer the sofa or nearer the fire...and I have hoovered on a daily basis recently..so how did it get there? How long has it been there? How amazing James should look underneath and find it...all those things I looked up to heaven (wherever it is) and thanked God for it, before kissing my ring, (stop it...) and kissing James.

Just thought I'd share this with you!



3 comments:

Merlin said...

Hurray. Good news. Really happy for you. Strange how little things manage to move around, are you sure you haven't got a goblin infestation, I hear they can do that? But whatever the reason, wonderful.

Caroline said...

poor james. smothered within inches of his life!

wonderful news! i'm so glad that it turned up. huge grin!

Kathryn said...

Hoooooooray!
I'm so pleased (and I'd only just got round to telling Giles, too, as we were hunting for lost keys at my honorary mum's home yesterday...)
Now KEEP IT ON for a bit, yes?
Happy hugs xx