Wednesday, December 13, 2006

By the way...

..thank you for all the sympathy with the shoe and blister blog last week. After collapsing in to bed at 1.45 am, injured, it may amaze you to know that by 10am I was up dressed and wearing comfy trainers ready for a day's Christmas shopping with DC..we started at the Real Meat Co. queueing to order our Christmas turkeys - the queue was so long that we broke away to the coffee shop next door and breakfasted and rejoined the queue and hour later!!!!! Then my homeopath rang to say I was late for my appointment..oh how time flies..I left DC queuing and grabbed the Audi keys, drove like a lunatic down country lanes, had my consultation and drove back, thinking he would be frozen upon the pavement and impatient and cross (my expectation of keeping a man waiting, who is my role model??!!) to find him happy with a pint in the pub opposite..quietly waiting my return. Bless......

Then it was in to St Albans for some serious Christmas shopping. In my trainers I had no trouble with my feet, and we are so not good for each other in terms of the amount of Christmas rubbish we buy..including singing reindeers...but we lvoe it all...we got back to my house loaded with so much shopping we had to unload it in the lounge and sort it: Clive was open mouthed at the amount and our cheeriness...I made us cups of tea as we had had no time for lunch or a drink..too much shopping to do....

That, together with my lying in bed with a cup of tea internet shopping, oh I lvoe it....means I am nearly done...hooray!!!!!

3 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

oh please - what do the reindeer sing?

sally said...

jingle bells, obviously!!!

Rainbow dreams said...

lol of course!! :) could have been Rudolph though!