Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmassy things...


...like my lounge in the evening when I get home from work and put all the pretty lights on..then light the log fire..then I don't want to move..but I have things to do...
Met Laura for lunch..or should I say I was on my way when a text alerted me to the fact that she had popped into Fr*nch Conn*ection and discovered their sale had started..like her mum in a chocolate shop, she was hooked and in the changing room with several articles by the time I arrived. Two of them left with us in a bag, and Laa was happy...

Having discovered that Mec was out at his Christmas 'do', I offered Laura dinner in exchange for helping me make mince pies. Although the lounge was warm and cosy, and the kitchen was freezing, we were brave and soon warmed up, and with the help of seasonal Christmas music (of the Slade variety!) we soon had a tray of home made mince pies ready...

We retired to the lounge to chill and gossip, spoilt only by my inability to keep awake. What is wrong with me? At half eleven Laa went home to talk to the cat and wait for Mec's call to fetch him from the station. I felt useless. 'Can you not stay awake with me one hour?' Well, no, obviously not...

Feel a strange mixture of Christmassy and slightly depressed. I know, I know, Christmas is enough to do that to anyone. I unpacked a new laptop yesterday, and the packaging was on my secretary's desk (I was going to clear it up, honest..) She came in, burst into tears, which she has never done in 4 years, and I went to comfort her, to ask if she had an elderly parent crisis, and to send her home. 'No,' she sobbed, 'It's all this crap on my desk,' and some of it flew across the room with her help. Oh..I cleared her desk, made her coffee, and told myself to be a tidier, more considerate boss.

On another more personal note, which should not go un-noticed, while editing a number in my phone, I came across mum and dad's phone number...and after looking at them for a minute,as I sometimes do...I said goodbye... and deleted them, as I have not been able to do before. Just did it. Quietly. And got on with my work. One small step for man..a huge leap for Sally!!! Why is something so small so meaningful??? A few tears last night when I went to share it with someone..but I did it.

3 comments:

1 i z said...

Totally understand about the phone thing - it's another 'goodbye' and it takes a while to be able to say it.

Hugs.

Kathryn said...

Proud of you.
Hugs xx

Caroline said...

hug
xc