Friday, December 29, 2006

I wish...

..that I had been able to sleep. So tired. Haven't been sleeping well. I moved to the spare room last night to see if it would help. Tonight (at some point) C has moved to the spare room to see if it would help. I woke around 3.30am and just couldn't get back to sleep. So I put my lamp on and laptop on and have been cruising blogs. Interesting.

But..the new blogger asks me to sign in ever f**ing 5 minutes, even to comment on other blogs, and ticking the 'remember me' box doesn't help. I am getting bored with signing in. And talking of getting bored, whilst searching the dash board and looking at updating m side bar to include books wot I am reading, or music wot I am listening to..I sort of clicked on a 'update my blog' thingy, and now, while I don't have the things I wanted, I also don't have the links to all your wonderful blogs that I really, really, wanted to keep.

This tells me, a. not to mess with things I don't understand, and b. to stay asleep at, oh it's now 4.46am, I have been at this for over a hour now..and c. can anyone out there help????

Added to which, James has been working on my laptop, he has altered my screen resolution, the look of my desk top, he has upgraded my Internet Explorer and now my tool bar is different and, for instance, I can't find the button I used to click to increase the text size on people's blogs when I can't read them.

I am not a happy bunny now. I will be tired tomorrow and I want my old template back. Sob. Sulk. I think I will try and sleep.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

aaarghh
I sympathise madly, after my prolonged post India insomnia. It's horrible, miserable and altogether unwanted...which you knew anyway. Do hope you can make up a bit today, and have a hot bath and a large glass of wine at bedtime tonight. A's elderberry was what cracked it for me...wine with so much "body" you more or less have to carve it!

Shaun said...

goto to tools, on the right, then click on the line called menu bar, and the old style menu will reappear, with all its font bigger/smaller options.

Merlin said...

An advantage with starting with the beta is that I don't know what the old blogger was like and therefore am not missing anything. I do agree about the new Explorer though, took a bit of getting used to and still not sure about the tabs at the top, they may help but they sometimes get me confused (not that difficult). Hope you manage to catch up on some sleep. I suggest stop eating cheese before going to bed, it only works for Wallace and Gromit.

1 i z said...

Sally, I vaguely remember reading on the Blogger Beta stuff that if you upgraded from Template to Layout (is that what you did?), then they would preserve a copy of your template for you so you could revert if need be - I might be confused, but maybe wortha look?

As for Internet Explorer 7 - as Shaun says you can turn the menu bar back on, but frankly I'd ditch it and go for Firefox if I were you. Much friendlier and you'll even love the cute icon of a ickle fox all curled up...