Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A feeling of deja vu.....

Been there, done that..except that this was a new weekend and different people were arriving..so altho some of the preparations were the same..washing, ironing, making up of beds, the weekend would be different..very different! My wonderful friends D*ggit and M*ria and their two boys were coming to stay - so lots of beds to make up!

Last weekend I was full of energy, on a roll and ready ahead of time. This week, having been a bit stressed and not too well, it felt like harder work..but when they arrived on Friday I had just made it: meal ready, house tidy and even the Christmas tree decorated..I put the hoover round, lit a welcoming log fire and a few candles, stood back and the door bell rang..how's that for timing!!!

After a good evening of eating and catching up, we headed for bed when M*ria noticed me falling asleep in my chair... good thing as I was up before them cooking breakfast! When DC arrived to accompany us to the market for a little shopping (any excuse..) I was still cooking so he was put on to coffee duty, and was rewarded with a cooked breakfast.

The market was good, we shopped and looked and shopped and walked, and talked, had coffee and sat outside..December for goodness sake, and we were sitting outside!! Madness. Clive came in to town and joined us..somehow we were separated and I was with D*ggit and David was with M*ria..Clive found them first..D*ggit wanted to buy some jewellery, so I took advantage of M being in the book shop to guide him to a rather nice jewellery market stall..only to discover M there already! I tried to get her to b*gger off, as subtly as I could, and she stood her ground and told me to b*gger off: then I realised Clive was on the other side of the stall and she was helping him choose something for me!!!

As if a day in St Albans was not enough, late afternoon found us at the local garden centre Christmas shop, which we all lvoe (except Clive, who went home for a cup of tea instead!!) and we bought all sorts of wonderful things. (ie Christmas tat. But lvoeyl Christmas tat.)

D and M cooked the most wonderful thai green curry for dinner and then we collapsed by the fire..the four of us just sank into the sofas, eating chocolate and rinking coffee, until D offered to open a bottle of whiskey. 'Don't mind if I do,' said Clive happily, 'Very kind of you to bring a bottle' ''Oh,'' says D, ''we can't come to stay with Sally and David without bringing whiskey.''

Thankyou D*gitt, that was priceless. Just priceless....

No comments: