Thursday, October 26, 2006

Things that really annoy me...

..people being late all the time...you know who you are..still, this is me talking, can't remember the last time I was on time for work, and have been late for a couple of visits this week, so I suppose it is pot calling kettle back....I had a visit to a notoriously chaotic family yesterday, yes I was a bit late, but hey, they were in..opened the door a crack and then looked horrified, and said, 'Oh, Sally, I forgot you were coming..it's really not convenient..' Well, I am used to this, it sometimes happen, especially with chaotic families, and at half term, when life's routine is disrupted, and I was feeling chilled, so I say, hey no problem, I'll come back next week. Oh sorry, sorry, mum says, but you really can't come in (if she thinks the house is too untidy for me to see, it's worrying....you should see it when she does let me in...................mind you, you should see the state of mine, pot and kettle again)

Anyway, I say again, it really doesn't matter, I'll see her next week, she apologises again and says I am taking it very well. It's life, I say, no big deal, I'll go back to the office and have a coffee..I am really fine...so I go back to the office. Secretary: Where have you been? Me. Doing a family visit. Secretary: Oh, I wondered where you were, it's not in the office dairy. Me: Oh, I think it is, I wrote it in...... pause while we all check diaries..oh......you guessed..the visit IS down for next Wednesday...now there's a funny thing!! I will tell her, honestly..it will make her feel so much better about herself.....

5 comments:

Caroline said...

sorry to have missed you at crewe last weekend Sal.... ;)_

love you.

sally said...

lol!!!!!!! spooky but true..norm thought it was next weekend, so that's the one he has arrnged to take off...only a week too late......

1 i z said...

lol! what are we going to do with you?

Publish?

As for "...people being late all the time...you know who you are...", I had a phone conversation with the MC this morning. He was telling me how frantic his life is and how he was 10 mins late for your meeting with the accountant. Or as he put it "no doubt Sally will tell you all about it and how bad I am"...

Kathryn said...

Does anyone know how to do that thing called being on time?? I only ask because I want to know...

Rainbow dreams said...

lol I find this so reassuring :-) Have a great weekend x