Friday, October 27, 2006

Following on....

..you know what I said about people being late..it turns out I had to work Thursday morning, so was concerned about keeping DC waiting as he had to get up north to do some work...he texted me at work and enquired when I would be ready..I escaped at 12 noon, dashed home, ironed, packed, didn't even make a coffee, and was ready by a quarter to one as arranged...and he arrived at 20 past 1. And he wonders why I mind? Spent the first half of the journey not speaking....why am I so tough about this? Why do I care? Why do I let it cause such bad feeling?Why can't I be laid back about it??? Answers on a post card...

I was rewarded with a rather nice meal in a posh restaurant that evening. All the main courses were £19. Yes, £19. I disgraced myself in said posh restaurant by getting the giggles and photographing my dinner when it arrived.....

so..let me talk you through it..on the left, four blackberries with 'jus': to the right, a piece of pan seared breast of duck, and on the top, a small portion of butternut squash (I was looking for it, DC had to point it out), then far right, a circle or two of mashed potato and garlic, topped by a second - a second - piece of duck -how generous - but where is the rest of the duck breast I ordered? Topped by crispy grated carrot and sprinkling of 'jus'. £19? £19? They really saw us coming, didn't they?

Did I have room for dessert? You bet your life I did!!!!!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

and the high tea....well that did compensate rather well....!

Stuart said...

Stuff your posh nosh give me the Punjab any day that's where proper buddies take you when you're down;)

sally said...

I'll hold you to that...

1 i z said...

I love the way the blackberries give you a sense of scale.

As for the Punjab Sally - name the day, sweetheart, name the day!