Monday, October 16, 2006

I have such lvoely friends....

I really do. At 10am this morning, the lvoely Dave Sh came to the office inviting me out to lunch. Not straightaway, of course, he had to give me time to do some work and have one or two cups of coffee, but by 12.30pm I thought I could fit him in to my busy schedule. he could see that, after a two and a half hour finance meeting I was pretty stressed, but he did a good job of listening and soothing while I ate my way through a warm croissant filled with scrambled egg, bacon and tomato.

Come to think of it, he did a good job of listening one evening last week when we ate at our favourite Chinese...he ate while I did all the talking...to my shame, the same thing happened last Friday lunchtime when I met lvoely friend Rosemarie for lunch - she is fed up because all this derelict barn business is taking over our Friday swimming and gossip time. So we met earlier over a plate or two of pasta, and I did so much of the talking that she had finished, paid and was on her way back to work and I was only half way through my lasagne....

Tonight, yet another lvoely friend, Stuart, rang, and before he tells you what a gullible girlie I am...he has this trick of pointing at your chest and saying, 'What's that on your top,' and when you look down to see what you've spilled, he kind of blips you on the nose...most people only fall for this once, over Greenbelt, I fell for it at least once a day. Tonight, he said it on the phone, practising for when he sees me next week, and I had to say, 'Stuart, I've just looked down at my top,' after which we were both helpless with the giggles at my gullibility - even on the phone!!! As Stuart giggled, he said, 'What I lvoe best about you Sal, is thatI know you'll still fall for it again next week....'

I do so love my friends. You know who you are. Thanks for the hugs. xxx

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oddly enough, people are rather fond of you too. ((Sally))

Rainbow dreams said...

Just catching up - the barn sounds wonderful, am now seriously contemplating giving homeopathy a chance and am smiling at Stuart's trick - Rob has a similar one telling you your laces are undone :-) Many people have fallen for it several times over!!

steve said...

i have this theory ... my friends also accuse me of being gullible ... however i prefer to thin k it is because i am trusting and do not expect people i trust to play pranks or mak eme look a fool ... i guess that kind of makes me guillible with no learning curve whatsoever ... by the way sally ... did you know they have taken the word gullible out of the oxford english dictionary ?

Rainbow dreams said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sally said...

No! really? why??? (dur)

Stick said...

I'm saving my real hugs up for next weekend. See you there!
Make do with zen hugs for now.
(x)