Friday, October 20, 2006

Ho hum..filling in time.....

What do you do when you are actually awake at 6.20am and you get a text inviting you to go for a swim..now???? Yes, my friend Rosemarie is an early morning sort of person, up at 6am, often in bed by 9pm....strange....well, I have managed to fill the time until 7.12am, now I absolutely must blog....I could still get up and fit in a swim before work...if only I could be *rs*d to get out of bed...Clive has gone to work (accountants from firm buying him out coming to look at the books!!!)

Now, make sense of this...6am. Wide awake. In bed, warm and cosy, but wide awake. Last night, National Theatre, about 8.30pm, watching play..fast asleep...just like during Will Young at Wembley..during the History Boys...watching Jane Eyre on TV...after work, even, before leaving for the theatre yesterday evening, at 5.30pm...asleep..I am so tired...if only I could sleep at the allotted time...

Mmmm. 7.17am..still time to go for a swim...actually, I think I could lie down and just have half an hour's more sleep.....

Oh, the show last night? Conor McPherson's The Seafarer. Very good....a bit depressing...strange...Jill had to explain the important bit of the plot during the interval, as I dropped off in the vital scene....

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I wonder if there's something in that old wives' tale about an hour of sleep before midnight being worth two after..so you are naturally taking advantage of superior quality sleep, even if it is at the National Theatre?
Very relieved you didn't go swimming THAT early...horrific thought.
What's your msn address, love? Twould be good to chat (I'm not sure I can remember mine, but if I know yours I can do it that way!)
Hugs xx