Thursday, October 19, 2006

Picking up.....

After a not so good start yesterday morning..you know what it's like after a bout of crying...you wake up with eyes closed, swollen and puffy. Took a lot of bathing in cold water to prize them open! Went to a funding conference and spent some time looking round stands and networking, and some time standing outside talking on the mobile trying to sort my life out. Didn't take long...

The rest of the day got better, did some work, and had some things happen which were amusing, in fact would have you rolling in the aisles, but, in order to protect the innocent, I can't tell you..sorry....

Re Big Events: DC and I were supposed to be meeting this Friday to tie up Barn deal, but Jack the Estate agent has been stalling all week, which is worrying. Not helped by the fact that he and DC have just been exchanging voice mails since Monday, they haven't actually spoken. I got cross yesterday and told DC to leave a voice mail instructing Jack to ring me, as I would more likely be available to speak, but young Jack has continued to leave messages on DCs phone...grr...you wait til I speak to him..he will feel the sharp edge of my tongue.....

The second Big Event I could not really speak about until now, is that Husband and family have sold the family business...as from Dec 1st he will no longer have a job to go to...he will be working from home, doing his own thing.....how do I feel about this??? Not sure..used to having my own space...will be a huge change....part, I am sure, of my wobbling yesterday....

BUT: went out with Laura last night - sorry, I know she is my daughter, but she just gets more beautiful every time I see her. Positively glowing. I lvoe her to bits. We went to see The History Boys..(and incidentally bumped into my friend Rosemarie - with a Man!!!! - I poked her in the ribs and accused her of two timing me..if we don't go and see the Barn on Friday we can go for our usual swim and gossip...) anyway..The History Boys..it was brilliant, an excellent film of a stage play...beautifully written by Alan Bennett..very funny, very sad, extremely moving...a wonderful performance by Richard Griffiths..I was at drama college with him, darlings....such nice guy....I do thoroughly recommend the film.

And to make a good day even better, came home and went on msn and chatted with two friends, S and L, and ended up giggling helplessly at the silliness of it all, which was a great improvement on the night before!!!!!

3 comments:

Stick said...

;)

See you next weekend

x

Change can be scarey, but that does not mean we should avoid it.

Caroline said...

so if it started off as the history boys and turned into the history man does that mean it was a very very long film?

sally said...

er..sorry, Caroline? some mistake, surely....