Sunday, October 08, 2006

Another good weekend...

..three in a row! Wow, what a turn around. Three weekends when I have not got upset, wehn I have been busy, enjoyed the company of friends, and appreciated the freedom to enjoy life again...Saturday, just pottering at home, coffee with a friend..then food shopping, more pottering, followed by a drive to a local shopping outlet mall, with Jill, which proved to be a slight waste of time because all the shops were closing. Oh I see, 8pm weekdays, 6pm Saturdays..oh shame...

Still, we window shopped and then had a drink in the Italian restaurant, and waited for our men. They came at 7pm as planned, and we ate, and then headed for the cinema to watch The Queen. It was good. I enjoyed it. It worked....

Then home to have a coffee in bed and chat on-line to Liz who is having a problem with her letters on her lap top. She is missing some, in the some way I did when my mmm's wouldn't work....only she is lacking ts and ws I think.....made for an interesting on-line conversation....

Today I had a lie in and was lazy while C went to church. I walked the dogs with Jill, then tidied my bedroom for a bit - long overdue - before going to Laa and Mec's for Sunday lunch. Our first real, proper invitation to the new house. I had the best roast dinner ever - the first roast dinner cooked by my own daughter! With perfect Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes!

After a while we left them to their DIY - Mec painting the front door and Laa attaching shiny new door furniture to it..having looked at some wedding venue brochures in anticipation of next year....

Then on to Jacky's for a cup of tea and a flapjack, where to my shame, I fell fast asleep in an armchair for 20 mins, until her phone rang, and I said 'Sh*t!' and woke up rather suddenly, not knowing where I was!

Back home, and C went to church again, leaving me to carry on tidying my bedroom and happily listening to a performance of Les Mis on Radio 2..oh how I love that musical....

The evening continued with me watching Jane Eyre and being enthralled and longing for a happy ending..oh I think I have to wait until next week for that.....

2 comments:

Stick said...

Go girl!

Kathryn said...

Hooray for happy Sallys!
I have a tidy study again, so am pretty upbeat too, all things considered :-)
Love you lots xx

PS verification word is "fujfruts"- I want some...they are a bit like opal fruits used to be, but different, I think! x