Sunday, October 22, 2006

So little to say...

..and so much time!!!! So I have been fairly lazy this weekend - no bad thing! Stayed in bed late Saturday morning after C went to work - which was a Good Thing because the morning started off rainy, but by the time I got up the sun was out, so Jill and I did a sunny autumn dog walk. This was followed by the lvoely Laa coming over and helping me bath the dog - wet and splashy and long overdue....

We were sitting around drinking tea and talking over possible wedding plans when C came back from work, and I was thinking, hmmmm, I have invited J and P over for dinner tonight, a little shopping and cooking wouldn't go amiss..if I can be *rs*d.....to my amazement, C jumped up, looked up some recipes, went to the shops, bought the ingredients, then locked himself in the kitchen with Jazz fm and cooked a three course meal. Me? I ambled about, ironed a bit, tidied a bit, snoozed a bit and was generally a lazy cow. But I did light some candles and laid the table and made myself look beautiful...so I was very relaxed when J and P came, and we had a good evening. The food was brilliant, and the quick fire rude banter between me and P, as good as ever.....

This morning I surprised myself by deciding to go to church, for the first time in months...(not counting Iona and Pab and Em's wedding...) fired by the fact that I didn't cry at all at the latter, I followed C to church in my car and surprised him (as a deacon he goes early..) Two ladies I didn't know were being baptised - the full, total immersion thing, and of course it took me back to my own baptism, in Liverpool, at the tender age of 14....I did get a little emotional, but it was well controlled....over coffee after, some friends who have missed me over the past few months were pleased to see me, and to catch up, which was nice...

Apart from that, and doing more ironing, today has been a chilled day...had a surprise visit from DC who wanted help putting together the agenda for next weekend, and I was happy to oblige. So, another weekend nearly over, and it wasn't too bad at all...but that room...that room full of my parent's stuff and other crud?? The one I am always going to get to work on in a minute? Haven't even opened the door..................

3 comments:

1 i z said...

Sorry...Sally, a dog and a bath full of water and all we get is "wet and splashy"????

There must be more?

;-)

Caroline said...

sorry... a surprise visit from DC who wanted help and you were happy to oblige?????

um, no, shut up caroline

arggggh. i suppose surprise visits at least don't involve arriving on time...

Stick said...

One room... I have a whole house!