Thursday, June 29, 2006

The week has got better.....

It certainly has, thank you for all your prayers and lvoe. Work is busy, though of course I can't talk about it, but training new, enthusiastic volunteers and visiting families who need our help and matching both is humbling and rewarding.

Tonight N, my colleague, had a fund raising evening at her house, called 'The Pampered Chef'' which is a do like a tupperware party where someone cooks nice food, and we all get a bit, and also admire the kitchen equipment and buy some. We were all crammed in N's dining room and me, Rosemarie and Mary Anne were on the back row, which just encourages naughtiness. I have bought an expensive chopper. I'm sure it will be very useful. We also had a raffle, and I'm sure we will make some money for the charity, so it's all for good.

Went to the Noke hotel this afternoon to meet up with Nicky and DC for a cup of tea, and gate crash their 'meaning of life' conversation. After N left, our business papers were signed, and headed paper designed, and our informal business of the last 10 years or so has become formalised - after two meetings with our accountant (RA) when DC and RA talk important business jargon and I make tea and try and look intelligent, and not give business women a bad name. Want management b*ll*x, training, assertiveness, stress management, facilitation, dramatherapy, sound or lighting, event management - we're your man.

The strange timing of the day, and early morning blogging meant I had no breakfast, lunch or dinner..I am sitting up in bed with a coffee and a large packet of Minstrels. How naughty am I?

3 comments:

Caroline said...

very ;)

Kathryn said...

Minstrels are even better than M&Ms, imho....
Shall we consume some in the spirit of research, maybe tomorrow??
Hugs x

Rainbow dreams said...

Very virtuous I'd say - less calories in a bag of minstrels than three meals!

Minstrels would be my choice too - they are bigger than M&M's!! :-)