Monday, June 26, 2006

Split personality..

Yes, that's me. Three in one. Oh, that sounds familiar. Hang on a minute, that's wrong. Recount. Four in one. Always have to go one better, me.... Normally I am Winnie-the-Pooh, bear of very little brain, but always up for a little something..I used to tell people that was about chocolate, but now I am not so sure....must be my age, the hormones, or something....anyway, sometimes I am Piglet, a small but well-intentioned loyal friend who loves no matter what....then sometimes I am Tigger, very bouncy and full-on and probably annoying, I know....

But this week I have had an Eeyore week. Definitely. Not Much Smiling. Cold, lonely field. Sadness and such. Not Much Fun. (A comment on the state of mind more than anything.) Lack of self worth. I know, I shouldn't rely on other people to give me that, it should come from within....but it doesn't help when you go to a guy's gig - twice in a row - and it's not worth a mention: then you promote it to a friend, she turns up and hey - it's special! And I even bought a CD. TTch. Self esteem - on the floor. With the thistles. And Tiggers don't like thistles.

Have tried some deep, searching talking today, with a Good Friend. He was late which really p*ssed me off, why does the optimist in me expect otherwise? Because to make the effort to turn upon time would really do my self worth good. Do you know, there are no answers, only more questions?

Anyway - good stuff. Saturday - lunch in the sun with Jacky and Peter - I can't believe what I texted Peter on Thursday and offered to give him for his birthday - good job he knows I was joking - and Jacky. Sunday - another morning pottering and cleaning for Laura and Mec coming over, and James bringing a friend from work...he texted me today to thank me for behaving and not being embarrassing..what can he mean?? We watched the footy, shouted at the telly, ate and drank loads then had a barbecue after. Hey, let's do it all again on Saturday!!!!

I know some people say if you don't have anything meaningful to say on a blog then don't blog. Say less, reflect more.

Believe me , I spend my every waking moment reflecting. Sorry the results are not too brilliant. I am only sorry I had my good phone pinched - at least then you got good pictures. Oh, I'll find a random one to put in to break the monotony.

9 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

I'm not completely sure I get this Sally...

Caroline said...

love you
and piglet
and pooh
and eeyore
and T g e
i g r

all of you in fact. even the undermentoned butterflies. and you think you have low self esteem. the butterflies barely got a mention.... :)

1 i z said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry if I made your Eeyore moment worse. SL and I do go back some years...and he did have a point re it being a diferent scenario in Manchester in that I was the only 'friend' there.

I'm sure he holds you in equal esteem really. How could he not?

I mean there's something about an Eeyore that just makes you want to hug them.

((((Sally))))

sally said...

Steve and I go back some years too! I did the sound for him at the Angels weekend in Swnwick ever so many years ago - not to mention vanue manage and introduce him in Cabaret, and admire his dress and nail varnish - in fact we nearly lived together once. So there.

Caroline - thank you for making me laugh - yet again. Now I have Guilt about the butterflies.

Katie, thank you for your honesty. I don't get it either. I know, it's the worst, whinging, unconnectd blog I have posted. But what I am is what you get.!!

Kathryn said...

Can I join in the general hugginess?
Sad that you haven't felt very How...but I'll buy you a balloon. Nobody can ever be uncheered with a balloon...
But just in case, have a hug as well.
I hate it when people don't notice me, too,- even though I spend half my time not believing they should. Guess we're allowed to be complicated...and you do encompass 4 of my very favourite varieties of complication.
Love you xx

sally said...

Oh, please please buy me a balloon, blow it up, then burst it and stick it in an envelope and post it to me...I can have such fun taking it in and out to play with..(oooh that does sound rude...)

Rainbow dreams said...

Sally - when I saw this the first time there was no blog - just a title.............. am now going back to read your post.... sorry x

Rainbow dreams said...

Oh no I do understand Eeyore, and I get piglet and Pooh and tigger - but individually they aren't as special as when they are all together - sorry I didn't see the whole post to start with - I must have sounded unfeeling - would send pooh stick, becuse playing pooh sticks can be fun too and you have balloon already x

sally said...

Actually when i first started this post it did publish with just the title by mistake, and i edited it to add the content..so katie you must have read it immediately! No worries..and yes, i do lvoe playing pooh sticks too..so easily pleased....