Sunday, June 18, 2006

Change of subject....

Thank the Lord, I hear you say. About time....anyway, about m mobile phone being stolen. 02 have been so disinterested. Eventually offered the info that I could have a new sim card for £9.99 and stick it in an old phone and have my old number reactivated. Excellent. Since I have four old phones at home and I am not prepared to pay £279 to replace the one I have had nicked.

I go to Bristol and back phoneless. I hate it. I have become so dependent, I admit it. I miss the texts arriving, the calls, though when my phone is with me, I get sad when no-one texts or calls, how sad am I. Anyway, I get through the days feeling bereft and not complete without my phone.

I get home at 10.45 pm on Friday night (why? shopping and drinking coffee and having fun with the lvoley Caroline..the only way to end the day) to find the sim card in an envelope with an invoice and nothing else. No helpful information. I stick the card into a hopeful and freshly charge phone. The message comes up: 'Sim inactive.' How dare it be inactive? I smack it. Nothing. I look in the envelope for helpful info on How to make Your Sim card Active. Nothing. My anger and frustration grows. I go on-line to the 02 website. In the meantimeCliveie, who has waited up anI supposeoe thought I might talk to him, gives up and goes to bed. SorryI i just don't feel like talking right now, it's been a long emotional day and I can't replay it right now. I know I am tired and taking it all out an a defenceless phone.

I search the 02 webite. 'Sim card.' 'Inactive Sim card.' 'How to activate your sim card.' Searches bring nothing. I can't believe the lack of customer information or care. I want to ring someone and shout but it is now 11.30pm and all their lines close at 8pm. How dare they?

I eventually give up and go to bed, and wake at 8am sharp and sit up in bed and ring 02. After pressing various buttons and losing the will to livI i get through to a young man who listens to my ranting and says, 'Oh yes, you just ring us and we activate your card this end, no problem.' As I thought, I say, but why does it not tell you that somewhere? Lack of info in post and on website. If I ran 02 it would different, I can tell you. He listens and tells me he will pass on my helpful comments to his manager.

I calm down and say, ok, now just activate my sim card, thank you. Oh sorry, he says, all are systems are down for maintenance and won't be up again until 8am Monday morning. Would I care to ring back then?

Oh my blood pressure, the stress, I don't believe it..he doesn't know he is risking his life even from a distance. Excuse me while I go and knife something.....

1 comment:

Caroline said...

do tell! what/ who got the knife?