Sunday, June 25, 2006

Feeling quiet...

Haven't blogged since..ooh Thursday morning I think, seems like an age. Kate Rusby has been replace by Steve Lawson, in my car CD player, and I am lvoing the music, I knew I would, but unsure the car is the right place for Steve's stuff, as it always seems to send me 'to another place' in my head..a good place, but not necessarily good for driving. I am drawn especially to track 6 at the moment, Scott Peck....which leads me to think is time to re-read that book???? Only problem is, the very low bass notes are causing one of my car speakers to buzz horribly, so another reason to bring in the CD and appreciate it on a decent system....

Have been on a bit of a downward spiral this week, struggling with thoughts and feelings which are quite difficult and I think use up a great deal of mental and emotional energy, leaving me tired and a bit removed from the planet, hence my (brief) blog silence.

Friday saw me and Clive, Jill and Ian head up to Sloane Square to see the new Tom Stoppard play, Rock and Roll. I knew I was not in the mood, and was unsociable I know, and slept on the train on the way up, and a bit during the play it has to be said! And on the way back. The play was good, hard work but with amazingly good music to take us from 1968 to present day, and to provide the atmosphere of changing political and social climate, both here and in Czechoslovakia. If only my mind could have connected with it a little more....

Spent some time alone pottering in the house today, and realised I need a bit of solitude, thinking and processing time. I am processing sadness, anger, confusion, wandering in the wilderness....I feel very angry and let down... but that is for me to deal with, and not for this blog..and it's half one in the morning. As usual, just me in bed with my laptop....how sad is that......

6 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

Keep meaning to look up some of this music - maybe I will later..

Processing difficult thoughts and feelings is very tiring ...thinking of you, Kx

Kathryn said...

Sally love....tried to text you yesterday. Did I get it wrong re revived mobile? Wiped out right now after nearly all night session with the youth groups (God bless em)but trying to put coherent thoughts together and longing to talk to you soon. Meanwhile, hugs and prayers...Hang on in there. Truly, you're doing really well.
More hugs xxx

Caroline said...

when did i last tell you you're amazing? love you! keep meaning to go to the Steve lawson web page and dispense with a few hour's wages, but never quite get past the marbles page.

solitude is good. as is sleep. especially when we can fall asleep knowing we are loved. you are. mcuh loved.

1 i z said...

Missed your blogging. Sorry to hear it's been a rough time.

Remember we're all here for you.

(oh and you might want to correct Mr LawSON's surname, if you ever want to get that namecheck from the stage! Plus apparently he has a cyber-stalker that he threatens to send on to people who upset him...but then who doesn't have one of those eh? ;-) )

sally said...

Liz, don't know wnat you're talking about. I know his name! Take more water with it.....

1 i z said...

lol!

I must have been imagining it ;-)