Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wychwood..yes it was good!!



More images for you..this time of the Wychwood World Music festival in Cheltenham. The big regret for me is that, having only stopped on the way back from Oban for two half hour breaks, which is not unreasonable, DC and I shared the driving made it by 7.30pm - it would have been quicker but we got stuck in traffic jams and road works, you know how it is - so we missed Seth Lakeman who was on at the unreasonable hour of 6.30pm - bother bother bother, I really wanted to hear him.

Anyway, the first pic is of Eliza Carthy with her Celtic Salsa band - they were amazing, what a brilliant set. Unsure who the evening pic is.....brain fade....but the weather was good, and being as how Front Desk was amazingly quiet, and main stage was only 30 seconds walk away (hooray, looking forward to GB!!!) I spent most of my time sitting on the grass enjoying some good music - or dancing of course! Peatbog Faeries were brilliant - Scottish rocky folky bagpipy meets Riverdance - I now have one of their CDs - good to drive to, didn't go down so well in the office, you can't get the staff, really.....I think my team should respect the boss's taste in music......

The last photo is me enjoying a bit of the late night silent disco..a wonderful event where you hear the music through headphones, so everyone is dancing and singing along, but to a mere observer, it all looks very strange. Not much atmosphere, could benefit from some ambient lighting like a real disco..you can see I took care dressing up for the occasion.....

Oh did I mention my friend Stuart..oops run out of time, more tomorrow.....

Just an aside..I nearly had my picture on pip's blog, caught drinking at a pub in london, unfortunately I am obscured by my lovely daughter, Laura, but I was there..I wonder if you have any more photos Pip? Cos it was about that time, a bit later, when DC and I swopped places and I was deep in conversation with Pete, that I think the b****** who bumped into me from behind took my mobile phone from my handbag. I now am without. I have lost all my names and numbers, having not backed up (ok, stupid but who does???) I have lost little meaningful texts I was keeping, not to mention special photos.... did I say b*******d? So, Pip, check your photos in case you case you caught it on camera!

2 comments:

1 i z said...

Rave Safe kids!

sally said...

Wot?????