Monday, June 19, 2006

A new day.. a new dawn....

Here we go.

All ceremonies done. Check.

Off the anti-depressants. Check.

End of bereavement counselling. Check.

Old mobile phone working and old phone number restored. Check.

Friends all around who lvoe and care for me. Check.

Had some good times over the last few days. Talking and eating and gossiping with Caroline. Trying out her new wet room shower with the most scary hole in the floor with a chomping, snarling vacuum pump which I swear will eat my toes if I'm not careful...... meeting Caroline at the Mall after the visit to my aunt, to while away the hours and delay the journey home. I sat with a smoothie and waited for C to join me after work, and was fast asleep at the table when she got there....we ate and drank and shopped and she bought nail varnish as well as lipstick!!! and I bought Converse trainers and nail varnish and flip-flops and earrings and I helped C choose earrings, deciding I would buy them for her as a present when she had chosen..so I took them off her, saying I was stealing them, and she said, give them back, I want to buy them as a present for you. Oh, no...now I have two new pairs of earrings!

Had a brilliant day on Sunday. Went food shopping with Laa-laa and Mec-mec - it's great to be around young love, isn't it! We had laugh, I do so lvoe my daughter, and they came over and helped do a barbecue, and Clive's mother came too, and we sat in the garden and ate lvoely food, and christened a chocolate fondue. Which tastes better dipped in melted chocolate? Strawberry or banana? Oh, banana every time....

We talked house move, wallpapering (will I wallpaper a wall in their bedroom with the very expensive wallpaper Laa-laa has set her heart on? You bet I will..sorry Mec..), weddings and wedding dresses and we read the copy of Living magazine Laa had bought and admired a H*bit*t stool designed by one J*mes P*tterson.....oh love him..I knew getting him to colour between the lines when he was little would pay off....

Tonight, when I left bereavement counselling for the last time, I gave Viv a bunch of flowers and a hug..and she was crying. I wasn't. Now there's a thing!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

fast asleep she was...aw bless, it was such a shame I had to wake her up. the squabble in the earring shop was a sight to behold. There was i trying to get a second opinion form Sally as to whether or not she liked some earrings (so that I could then buy her ones i knew she liked) when the inevitable happened and she figured that it meant I wanted them and she wanted to buy them for me. '"I'm buying them" 'no i'm buying them, ' no i'm buying them 'theyre for you', no they're for you'....I nearlly threw myself on the floor and had a tantrum 9well you have to entertain the natives in accessorise don't you. I won tho, and sally has some earrings that I like. Result!

it's so nice to have a friend who you cna have public tantrums with...

xc

Rainbow dreams said...

All sounds great, and wedding planning :-) what fun...

1 i z said...

"Friends all around who lvoe and care for me. Check."

Glad you remembered :-)

lvoe you!

Stick said...

Fantastic!
Although I am a little concerned that you are so quick to opt for banana. Surely an in depth study of a fuller range of foods dipped in chocolate would be in order? Especially for a connssieur like yourself... And then you have to decide what chocolate is better... The permutations are many, varied and ought to explored.