Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Have you heard the one about....

.....the guy who tells his mate that his wife's credit card was stolen. 'Oh no,' says his mate, 'That's dreadful, have you reported it to the police?' 'No,' says the guy, 'I'm going to let him keep it, he spends less than the wife.' Ho ho.

You know where this is leading don't you? The phone bill I have been dreading just came in..you know what? (No?) Less than normal. Thanks, whoever took my phone, you're not as bad as I thought.....

Came home from work slightly early last night - a meeting I was at ended early - and L who is leaving bought us all Green & Black chocolates, so not such a boring meeting, and I got a tissue out and pretended I was going to cry (see earlier blog for explanation) which made us laugh, so then I thought, go back to work or go home and watch Wimbledon, so I did, but via a shop which sold M&Ms, so I came home, but sad person that I am, checked blogs and e-mails first, then made a cup of tea, then sat down to watch the tennis and caught the last two strokes of the Agassi match, which upset me, as I lvoe Andre to bits and would have his babies, even without the pony tail and earrings he is gorgeous - those eyes - sorry I missed it, so I drank tea and ate nearly a whole family packet of M&Ms and felt sick and went to sleep and missed Andrew young Scottish guy winning his match, then at five to seven Clive came in and woke me up and said 'What's for dinner?' and I went to walk the dog cos the thought of dinner made me feel unwell again, and I walked and rang someone I knew driving in a car so they wouldn't fall asleep, and said I had all this energy and I couldn't sit still - I even kicked a football back to a gang of lads and they cheered! and I explained to driving friend - who was trying to drive in peace and listen to nice music, tough - about the M&Ms and he said it sounded like a sugar hit and I said he was probably right, so I walked home and Clive had cooked the chicken stir fry with black bean sauce cos he was hungry and tired of waiting, so I sat and ate most of it, but couldn't finish it so the dog got some nice bits of chicken..and I said thank you for dinner that was very nice, and Clive said would I like a yoghurt, and I said no thanks but you have one if you like, and he said I will, so that was the conversation over for the evening and we watched TV and I fell asleep til it was time for bed.....

Bed time is for reading the paper, doing Sudokus, reading blogs, playing the marble game and generally enjoying my own space until 1am which is silly cos then I am too wired to sleep, but then I read my book for a bit, which is by Nick Hornby, can't you tell my writing is inspired by him, only not so much bad language..bloody hell, I had better get up I will be late for work now....

3 comments:

Caroline said...

only 'nearly' a whole packet of M & M's? do you have any idea how sad and rejected the remaining few felt, lonely in the bottom of a nearly empty packet, anxious to fullfil their role in life as satiaters of m&m longings and then abandoned, alone and unloved inferior to the others who eagerly gave up their lives for you?

oh yeah, sorry, i guess you know EXACTLY what they felt like! ah well.

huge hug!!!
xc

Rainbow dreams said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rainbow dreams said...

So someone has been using your phone since it was taken!(silly thing to say I know!!!)
Shame it probably doesn't help in getting it back either :-(
hugs from me x


deleted post was mine - It didn't read as I wanted it... :-(