Tuesday, June 13, 2006




Three more images of Iona....the first taken from Mull, I think of the ferry coming to get us. Not the ferry DC and I were booked on..famously, we took two days to get to Mull, stayed in a hotel one minute from the ferry, and still managed to miss it.....I kind of take responsibility..I had the tickets and was being the time keeper..not very successfully it turned out..but the bonus was it meant catching the next ferry with with our friends....one friend may tell of playing a little joke on us but not choosing the moment well. 'Not funny, apparently,' she was heard to observe drily.....

The second photo was writing found on the beach,,the interrupting cow had got there first....

Another tale to tell of the week, was the night I decided to down DC's whisky as I was growing tired of the adoration, worship and time this drink was taking up..I mean, it;s s drink for goodness' sake..I wondered what his face would look like if I just downed it when he wasn't looking and left him with an empty glass......it certainly had the desired effect..I just hadn't thought through the consequences of my actions.....

anyway, the last pic is of the fair isle and the Abbey as the ferry bore us away, early Saturday morning, to Mull, and a 12 hour drive from there to Cheltenham..more of that later...I must blog about Wychwood, because I have actually had complaints, especially from one Stuart who feels he merits a mention. Patience, Stuart, is a virtue.......

4 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

Thanks for the photos Sally - looks lovely xx
Laughed at the whisky

sally said...

Thank you Pab, for putting me right, it is indeed the ferry that came in to Oban, and yes, quite a few of us were on the quayside watching it come in....I stand corrected.

As for the whisky, I certainly haven't laughed so much for a long time! It wa such fun, I am sorely tempted to do it again.....

1 i z said...

The 'whiskey' incident was wonderful - I love it when your mischievous side comes out to play! DC's face was a treat.

As for Stuart's impatience re a Wychwood blog, well there's a simple answer I'd imagine: "After you buddy..."

sally said...

Now why didn't I think of that?