Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Out and about......

What a busy bunny I have been. First, dog walking with Peter and Jacky on Saturday, followed by tea, biscuits and a good chat as usual. Then, Sunday morning, I decided to go to church. No pressure, so it was my decision. It was ok. Then home for a coffee followed by a dog walk with Jill and Harry (Jill being my friend, Harry Sophie's young boyfriend) in the sunshine - a cold crisp but beautiful afternoon.

Then, amazingly, like being invited round to Buckingham Palace for tea, we got an invite to Laa and Mec's for afternoon tea, which was very pleasant, haven't caught up with them in a while.

Sad news on Monday from James, who is having a rough ride at the moment, love life wise; he and H are 'having a break' to think, and there is great upset on all sides. I have done a bit of telephone counselling, and have also texted H to offer support as I am trying to be caring and not take sides. On the plus side, James has been offered another year's contract with H*bit*t and apparently has a mention for one of his designs and a name check in this month's W*rld of Interi*rs magazine. Y'all rush out to buy it now!

Tonight Clive, Jill, Ian and I went to see Robert Lepage's new one man play at the Barbican, 'The Anderson Project.' Amazing. What an imagination. What creativity. Makes me feel sluggish and lazy. In one of those amazing coincidences, in the restaurant beforehand I bumped into one of my dramatherapy tutors from my Post Grad more than 10 years ago. We said hello and moved on. The Barbican was packed out - hundreds of people. When the lights went up at the end of the show and we turned to leave, the same tutor and his partner were sitting in the seats next to us, I hadn't realised. Small thing, but how incredible, really???

The play was two hours without an interval. It was riveting, stunning. And yes, I still managed to have a little sleep in the middle......

1 comment:

Caroline said...

oh sally where art tho? thou hast not blogged for days, nay eons. i misseth you.....