Thursday, February 16, 2006

What music do you play in your head?

I wake up during the night or in the morning, and there is music playing in my head. Not the music I have been listening to during the day, but random songs. For instance, recently I had Away in a Manger playing, then the next night it was Kathy Kirby singing Secret Love (which I haven't heard for years): I wouldn't mind but I had been listening to an Art Garfunkel CD in the car. Please tell me if it happens to you, and if you have any idea where these random tunes come from......

Quiet night in tonight, been searching on the internet for somewhere to go and stay over Easter, with Sophie dog (and Clive!) to relax, walk and have a change of scene. So much choice, so many decisions, it's been hard...

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Taking Rosemarie to the Arena to see Fairport Convention, one of my favourite bands..after we have been out to eat first, of course. I need a distraction - James is having a very hard time, but is being very 'blokey' and has had a week off work and is not communicating with anyone..maybe he needs this time to think, but he is very low and upset, and it's hard not being able to do anything. Prayers and thoughts and good vibes are needed - not to make sure he makes the right decision, how can we ever know what that is - but the decision which seems right to him just now, but may be very hard and painful to make.

5 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

No idea where random tunes come from but yes it happens to me too. I would guess it's the same place that random thoughts and dreams come from - hope you have a peaceful Easter

and prayers and thoughts for anyone who is finding life hard

1 i z said...

Re the tunes: remember that dental work you had done? Perhpas they implanted a little radio receiver that transmits inaudible vibrations direct to your brain.

In appears to be tuned to Random FM.

Could be worse...could have been Radio 2 :-P

Of course Radio 3 wouldn't work....far too, too, quiet ;-)

Hugs and love - especially re the whole J situation.

Rainbow dreams said...

hope you didn't mind me leaving a comment - it just came out!
Then I realised my blog didn't say anything about me, which seemed rude - so now hopefully I have explained a bit more about me!
Have been contemplating random tunes ever since I read your post :-)

Stuart said...

No idea where they come from yet I can't help but think that listening to Art Garfunkel in the car or anywhere else is not going to be good for you!

Caroline said...

i find that away in the manger startsa permeating my brain after someone else has mentioned it in their blog.....otherwise, of course my super cultured head summmons up all kinds of classics. Rachmaninov, Schubert, 'for mash get smash'.......