Friday, February 24, 2006

Not having a good time..

..not a good time a the moment..I'll spare you the details..prayers and hugs please...and the news tonight, about the baby killed by its parents..I know I'm not allowed to talk about my work..but many of the families I work with are vulnerable..and they do cause worry...when do you pass things on, when do you wait and see, when do you take action, when do you over-react un-necessarily, when do you not do enough....volunteers come and talk to me, quite rightly, and the buck stops here.....thank goodness it's the weekend, I need it...and next weekend especially so!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

i guess i'm fortunate in that the buck doesn't stop with me, or indeed with my bosses. if we are in even the slightest doubt we can turn to our 'professional body/ professional ethics committee for advice, and certainly in relation to child safety if we have the smallest concerns we are entitled to breach confidentiality and we do. IF everyone does their job properly then the buck doesn't stop anywhere short of the senior child protection social work and police oficers.
sorry is that a bit simplistic?

Rainbow dreams said...

plenty of hugs and prayers - lots of them - sounds to me as if you didn't care as much, you wouldn't be as good at your job - it's hard when the buck stops with you - hope you mange to have some proper time out for you this weekend - and next x Katie

1 i z said...

Virtual hugs are yours of course...and will be converted into actual hugs in less than a week.

Kathryn said...

Oh Sally, love. Sorry to be late to this. Tons of backdated prayers, and some anticipatory hugs.