Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sorry about the peace and quiet....

..but there are folks round here who have been much worse than me at blogging! Some people haven't blogged since Christmas! Come on back, I miss you.......

I know, I haven't blogged since just after midnight on Tuesday..originally it was because I was busy, but on Friday morning things went downhill and I lost heart to blog....looking on the bright side, it's my first bad days for a few weeks, and they are bound to happen now and again.

I shouldn't be down, I have such lvoely friends, such as the very lvoely Caroline. I was in work on Wednesday when a man delivered a big box, and I elbowed my way in front of my secretary in a childish 'I want to open it' kind of way, although I suspected it may only be stationery, I love opening things and I lvoe stationery,..but then I saw it wasn't addressed to the company, but me as an individual. So I started to get more excited, cos I knew I hadn't ordered anything..what could it be....

There was lots of lvoely bubble wrap and then boxes wrapped and tied with yards of pink ribbon..from Wh*tt*rds the famous coffee company...three boxes, containing a variety of lvoely goodies in purple tissue paper...de-caf fruit teas, de-caf fresh coffee, a mug and marshmallows, and a box of hot chocolate, chocolate biscuits, and chocolate flakes. And a card saying..'Sleep well, love Caroline.' By this time the office was a sea of bubble wrap, wrapping paper, ribbon and tissue paper, and came in thinking she had missed my birthday! Ho, it was just a happy Wednesday present. Do I feel guilty cos all I got C for Christmas is another sodding giraffe........

So I promise not to feel low and want to hide in bed (I didn't get up til mid-day on Saturday!): it sounds really, really stupid I know, but I have had so many years of having to go to Bristol, now that I have my life back, I'm not sure what to do with it. Before, I didn't have to think....I just did. But while I am thinking, I can have the most gorgeous cup of hot chocolate with real chocolate flakes on......

1 comment:

Caroline said...

i love my giraffe! he's a wonderful giraffe. and i love you. sorry. i didn't mean to make you feel worse. love you.