Sunday, February 19, 2006

Oh how I laughed.....


This picture on Caroline's blog made me laugh, because I was just about to blog about my DAB radio..it is identical! I was given it for Christmas by a friend, not a million miles away from where I live (mmm..must speak to him about the 'near bottom of the range' comment...cheapskate).

I had no idea what the gift was except the card said it was something to help my sleepless nights..as I started to open it, and take it out of the box - watched by fascinated children....the side came out first, white, with this circle in the middle...a very small washing machine. For washing my smalls in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. No, said James, it's a dishwasher.....no, it's actually a microwave for heating midnight snacks..... we all ended up with tears rolling down our cheeks..it is really white and plastic and we could not believe it when we realised if was a DAB radio. The top loading washing machine lid is actually for top loading CDs.

I have to admit I haven't yet installed it in my bedroom, which was the plan..I haven't worked out how to use it as a radio, but it does a great quick wash.....(miaow..)

Caroline, get it out of the box..it is so entertaining..we can both own one, and Liz.......what are you waiting for?

1 comment:

Caroline said...

but i could justify buying a new microwave!!!!