Sunday, February 26, 2006

Snap!

Reader, I installed my DAB radio. I cleaned and tidied the little shelf above my bed, moved my mum's radio to James' room, and placed my little radio/fridge/dishwasher/washing machine/microwave (see Caroline's blog for a pic) and plugged it in. I need to peruse the instruction leaflet to see how I actually make it function as a digital radio..but at least I have got it telling the right time..... then later I read C's blog and discovered that she has also installed her identical radio in her bedroom! Great minds think alike.

Had the most stressful dog walk ever yesterday when Jill and I were so busy talking that we lost our dogs. Sophie was found walking home - having crossed a busy main road - and Harry was picked up by a nice lady who bought him home by car. How Sophie didn't get killed going home on her own I will never know..the same wonderful good fortune that preserved Laura on the two occasions she ran into the road as a tiny tot. Actually..three....someone was really looking after her on those occasions. I was feeling so very low yesterday, like things can't get worse. After I was reunited with Sophie, I thought, someone is telling you to count your blessings..appreciate what you have got, instead of what you haven't..and your lovely, loyal, licky, waggy tailed dog is one of them.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

well it's high time that you had some nice luck. and at least it proves that sophie dog listened to her tufty club lessons

Rainbow dreams said...

Am so pleased Sophie is ok - and Harry - love your description of her - what kind is she?

warm thoughts for this week